Monday 6 April 2009

The battle of the Vegetables

Hi all,

Interesting times are afoot! As you all know, I am a fan of growing my own cat toilet. Well, after several weeks I have finally found something to keep the furry little shits away from my veggie patch. Netting. Seems cats don't like netting.

But I have an additional issue now. You see I am already 5 weeks into the growing season and I have a huge gap where some of my veggies used to be. I'm not happy about this. At all.

But I found something can can give me a head start on regrowing my poor garden, and these plants are really hardy. They will grow in temperatures of anywhere between 0 and 5 degrees centigrade. However, you cannot get these from garden centres. In fact garden centres would even say that it would be impossible to grow these plants in these conditions.

What I am saying is that if you get your vegetables from Morrisons and put them in your fridge, within 2 days you will probably be eaten, "Day of the Triffid" style.

I have never seen anything like it. I bought some red peppers and some garlic a couple of days ago, and sure enough when I opened the door the peppers grabbed my arms and the garlic made a break for the back door. They didn't escape though as the onions and Sugarsnap peas came to my aid. The fight was horrific, but it did save me cutting everything up for my stir fry, and the survivors are planted in my veggie patch. So in a way we're all winners.

Thanks for reading,

1 comment:

Yao said...

I think you're making a mistake mate, these GM crops will grow in harsh conditions, and you wanna place them in an ideal setting? They'll take over Totton!

I think you should replace the netting with razor wire. It has so many hilarious opportunities, plus, when your crops sart answering back you can tug on one end and save the planet. You become a hero! - just remember who had that bright idea when you're being praised in the national media.